[Harp-L] Optimizing diatonic reeds for bending

In a message dated 1/14/2008 1:53:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

I've learned to work on my harps a little. Now I'm wondering....where  do you
get the biggest bang for your time invested when improving "bendability".
With gapping or ?
Thanks,
Jay

Jay, imho, gapping is the single most important thing u can do.  But
embossing is easy enough and enhances playability because it reduces the  tolerances
between reed and reed slot.
  For tips, u might search the archives.  I've posted some stuff  on the
subject myself.  The harp websites have a lot of good info on  it.
ron