Re: [Harp-L] amazin' grace on harp

Hi Rick,

So sorry to hear about your friend passing.

Amazing Grace can be a very emotional song at such
a time, and your emotions will come out in your
harp playing.

I would definitely stick with 2nd position...
Amazing Grace is one of those songs 'made' for 2nd
position harp.

Personnally, 1st position would be great on a
chromatic, but for me, not on diatonic, compared to
what can be done in 2nd position.

The song isn't 'minor' enough (or at all) for 3rd.

In 2nd utilize all 3 octaves, or at least the low and
middle (I may use the upper to do a downward stepping
pattern lick all the way down to the low octave (and
possibly back up from the low octave for a finish).

Check out the late great Terry McMillan on YouTube
for inspiration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7arOqGZQGx4

Ken H in OH