From: J Compton <jofjltn4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 1:06 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] Randy McAllister Critically Injured in Auto Accident

I just found out that Randy McAllister (singer, songwriter, harp wizard, Grammy nominee, etc.) is in critical but stable condition after a head-on collision with a tractor trailer earlier this week. His e-mail address is available on the frontpage of his website. I don't know his stance on spirituality, but I've added him to my prayer list. I'm sure he'd appreciate it if others did the same.

From his website (randymcallister.com):

1/10/08 - Monday, January 7th while returning to Texas from Louisiana, singer/songwriter Randy McAllister's car was struck by an on-coming 18-wheeler. Randy McAllister was taken by CareFlite to LSU Medical Center in Shreveport. His condition is critical but stable. Updates will be posted short. Please no phone calls, emails of encouragement are appreciated.

I learned the news in a response to a post of mine on another forum. I'll post that story separately so as not to mix serious tragic news and my at least somewhat humorous first encounter with him just a little over a month ago.

Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx