Re: [Harp-L] Help with starting a band?

  . Biscuitboy wrote:
  We didn't really miss the bass player very much but I think that
playing without drums would have been a drag. People like to dance no matter
what kind of music it is and it's pretty hard to get 'em up without a drummer.

  If it got back to my guys that I suggested drums with acoustic music, I'd be run out of town, lol. Seriously, though, he makes a good point, you gotta have percussion to give people a beat they can feel. Where I come from, that's what the mandolin does, you play it like a snare drum.

  Dave
  Dave Payne Sr.
  Elk River Harmonicas
  www.elkriverharmonicas.com