Re: [Harp-L] Questions of a technical nature

My first tube preamp was a kit from PAiA called the Tube Head.  I bought it not because it was cheap or that I could build it myself, but because I was impressed by the design.  It, too, incorporated the solid state and tube preamp sections with the blend control.  This device is my workhorse, and I love it.  I set up the two channels to be tonally different from each other and use an A/B switch to punch in and out of the different sounds.  When I bought the VTB-1 I was looking for something that would do the same things, but that I wouldn't have to build!  I haven't been disappointed.  I've tried a couple of other tube preamps, mostly the inexpensive ART models, but I really prefer my Studio Projects.

  -tim

"G. E. Popenoe" <gpopenoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I was wondering about the VTB 1. Glad to get a report on it.

The best thing is that it is affordable.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone