Re: [Harp-L] Richard Hayman
- To: Robert Bonfiglio <bon@xxxxxxxxxx>, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Richard Hayman
- From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 19:37:42 -0800 (PST)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Message-ID; b=xp+Bql/ayQipdvfbFDHZVMQrbdQY+dVSwjTtzRRIV7MU4nuK3E7j6z+6Qi/sRtd1+PaF8A49J61f9Q/x8Gs+wZ5p4hZLJTtgZfPMskvXsWuQq5KUOX4v3YTg0D/KVGlQiLaoS9Q35U9wELpgrPE003qd6hbjwdtli4OvP+p0Hmc=;
I had a long conversation with Hayman maybe 10 years ago and he was starting (!) to play in Pro-Am golf tournaments. He was in his mid-70s at the time.
Maybe it's harmonica playing that keeps him in good health, maybe it's standing up and waving your arms in front of an orchestra - all that blood flow in the upper body. It can't be tearing your hair out writing arrangements under deadline pressure.
----- Original Message ----
From: Robert Bonfiglio <bon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2008 6:13:57 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Richard Hayman
So yesterday I called Richard Hayman in Florida. Here is one of the
harmonica greats who has been a Symphony Pops conductor and arranger
for maybe 60 years. So he tells me he is off to conduct a Pops
concert with the Jacksonville Symphony in Florida and he is driving
the 8 hours from West Palm Beach. He is 88 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn, to be that healthy and active at 88, wow, maybe there is
something in good health and blowing the harmonica.
Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org
Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and