[Harp-L] Re: Before Popper

Listening to my friend Sugar Blue recently brought back some great memories
of sitting on the steps at a Manhattan Bleeker st club. A true genius, and all
 tongue blocking. His incredible air control and phrasing was way before
Popper  became popular. I am NOT putting Popper down, but Sugar Blue did is with
soul  and passion that I personally feel. I do not get that from John, but
again, my  personal opinion. Any of us old enough to know SB back in the 70's can
attest to  his pure encapsulation of the harp. I wish you good health wherever
you are  Blue, it was great times.