Re: [Harp-L] Sealing wood combs, now stain

This subject has come up many times thru the years and i thought it was accepted here that salad bowl finish (comes in a spray can) was the best method.? Yes, heating wax is dangerious. G's excellent harp site prob. covers it, as he burned himself terrible with the beeswax process.? http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/harptechtips.html
??Dave, why bother with using a stain?? Does that have a practicle?purpose or is it purely cosemetic?
ron (in NJ from FL for the holidays)

  It's purely cosmetic. I only do the sides and back that are exposed. I do not stain anywhere near the comb teeth, because the stain will warp. I sand it all down to bare wood, so I'm not going over a factory finish, I'm making a new finish.

  Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
  Elk River Harmonicas
  www.elkriverharmonicas.com