Re: [Harp-L] Buckeye Harmonica Festival question

Bill and all,
That was the Blues Station. Unfortunately, it closed. There are other bars in town that have some decent jams in Columbus. On Mondays, there's the Dolphin Lounge in Gahanna which one of the 'burbs of C-bus. Then on Thursday nights in German Village, at the Hey Hey there's a pretty good jam. Also on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month there's a good blues jam at the Thirsty Ear, 1200 W. 3rd Ave. Doors open at 4 PM. Music starts at 4:30 provided by a host band. The jam starts at 4:30. Dan Axt
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Hines" <billhines4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'bfilbeck'" <bfilbeck@xxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2008 2:31 PM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Buckeye Harmonica Festival question

"Is this normal for this event?"

It's very normal for that event, and has frustrated me in the past (and
others). They just aren't very big on putting stuff on their website,
for whatever reason. Not everyone has those skills. But it is a good
little conference. Nothing on the scale of SPAH, and very chromatic and
old-timey based, not a lot of blues action there when I went a few years
ago, but you can significantly improve any technique with the excellent
pros that show up there to teach (when I was there Filisko and many
other greats were teaching).

For a while I was going to Columbus a lot for work, and there was a
great blues bar there near the hockey arena where the Blue Jackets play,
forget the name, if it's still open. They had a great blues jam led by a
house band and had in all the national acts.

Bill Hines
Hershey, PA