[Harp-L] Super X

Ive used both for several years. The 64X has a bigger tone, a very nice low octave that is superior to the plain 64. I also like the black covers on the 64X as they dont tarnish, and are a bit more 'slippery' v. the plain 64.

However I did have trouble initially with the 64X, even having to send it back to Trossinger, having experienced sour notes, a broken spring, on a brand new model. They exchanged it tho.

The black finish is excellent in terms of wear, not a scratch, but the gold plating on the mouthpiece, after several years of moderate playing has dulled. The box it comes in it junky, and the inside cracked after just a few months.

The 64X is pretty tight, altho no doubt a serious player would still want it jazzed up.

Lastly, if you are at all allergic to plating (and I am to both Chrome and Nickel), the Super 64 solved that problem.

I'd buy another, altho I also have a liking for my CX12, and if they made it in a 64 I'd go for it in a flash . That easy cleaning in the CX is a stroke of genius, and it a non leaker too.

Ellis