Re: [Harp-L] Has anybody tried the Hohner Marine Band Deluxe?

<I should chime in here a little. Jeff is correct that the 1847 and the
<Solist Pro have the same combs  but the covers are quite different.
<The 1847 has seamless corners (the new ones are stainless too) and are
<open in the back where the Solist Pro has seams and a somewhat closed
<back with posts to reinforce the cover. Also all the 1847 are large
<slot reed plates even on the D and higher up to the F and the reed
<slots on the Solist Pro are much like the MB. I think the Solist Pro
<is a great harp for the money.

The 1847 is a great harp for the money, too, even though the money is in the neighborhood of $80, or was when I bought one at SPAH in March.  I can definitely tell the difference between that harp and a $50 harp.

Regards, Richard Hunter
latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter