Re: [Harp-L] Has anybody tried the Hohner Marine Band Deluxe?

I should chime in here a little. Jeff is correct that the 1847 and the Solist Pro have the same combs but the covers are quite different. The 1847 has seamless corners (the new ones are stainless too) and are open in the back where the Solist Pro has seams and a somewhat closed back with posts to reinforce the cover. Also all the 1847 are large slot reed plates even on the D and higher up to the F and the reed slots on the Solist Pro are much like the MB. I think the Solist Pro is a great harp for the money.

Jon Harl: Seydel Harmonica Dealer 5731 Meridian Ave San Jose, CA 95118 408/267.3933 e-mail: jharl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx web site: www.customseydels.com

On Feb 22, 2008, at 2:35 PM, Jim Greenwald wrote:

Thanks Jeff

I needed reminding about the comb on the Solist Pro. I dearly love my 1847s. Given the ultra-comfortable comb, they definitely look like a great way to go, especially for my special tunings.

Cheers,
Staggerin' Jim
Listen to Roots Harmonica at http://www.live365.com/stations/staggerinjim
 ----- Original Message -----
 From: Jeffrey Spoor
 To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
 Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:07 AM
 Subject: [Harp-L] Has anybody tried the Hohner Marine Band Deluxe?

Jim,

I have a MB Deluxe as well, I do like it, very responsive. You were
saying that compatition is strong in that class.....you are correct. You
mentioned that the 1847, if you like it but it is a bit pricey, give the
Seydel Solist Pro. Has the same comb and covers as the 1847 but standard
brass reeds....and it's 20 bucks less expensive than the MB
Deluxe.....great little harp. Just my honest opinion.....of course, my
opinion and a buck will get you a cup of coffee........:)

Jeff