RE: [Harp-L] online buying

I don't want to criticize any one place, but I know there are some that
I'd avoid based on repeated and often complaints here, as well as my own
experience at harp conferences, etc. You can find those by searching the
archives. Caveat Emptor.

My favorite places, that have been reliable and have good prices/stock,
are as follows:

Coast 2 Coast Music (MD) (www.coast2coastmusic.com) - Run by John Watts,
harmonica player and host of the yahoo harmonica discussion group. This
site also has many helpful reviews of various harps and gear so you can
get some objective info before you buy. John is a very good person to
work with and has gone out of his way for me in the past. He sells gear
like Harp Commander that you can't get elsewhere too easily.

Best 'Lil Harp House (NJ) - (www.harphouse.com) These folks are always
at the Pocono Blues Fest and I hang around their booth some each year
and they've also been great to deal with. Although I think my primary
contact there, John Francis, has moved on.

I'm sure there are other good ones, these are just the ones I use
because they are good and not too far for shipping purposes. I'm sure
others will email you directly about their experiences, especially the
negative ones.

Bill Hines
Hershey, PA