[Harp-L] Need encouragement!

I used to play trumpet back in high school and while I was in the server, but it's been more than twenty years now. I'm fourty seven now and I miss making music. I decided to give the harmonica a try. I just bought one over the weekend. I find it intimidating. I think I'll be try yo learn U blocking first. It feels the most "doable" for me right now. I want to at least be able to blow single notes and play a scale before I engage a teacher. My goal is to be able to play with my church choir. They are all professional musicians (no harp players) and I sometimes wonder if this goal is realistic. Let me hear some success stories of those that started from scratch and met your goals. I need the encouragement!