RE: Subject:RE: [Harp-L] Kris Kristofferson playing harp with/withoutThe Highwaymen

Yeah,that's why I was careful to say "my opinion" and "to me", etc.
Though in the song I felt was 'murdered' it wasn't about the vocals,
just the tempo change and that which to me (insert Randy Jackson voice
from American Idol) "just wasn't good for me dawg". It seems totally
opposed to what the song was about and just plain WEIRD MAN. But
sometimes performers do that, just to break the monotony and liven
things up. Certainly the guy that wrote the tune has a right to!

On the vocals issue, heck having said that about Kristofferson and June
Carter Cash, I'm a big Neil Young fan. Go figure. Levon Helm too -
listen to him now after his medical problems and they told him he'd
never sing again. He's making it work, although it may not work for
some. I still plan on getting up to a ramble.

"Personally, I'd rather listen to Kris Kristofferson/Willie
Nelson/Johnny Carter/Waylon Jennings sing the songs they wrote (for
better or worse) than some studio-manufactured pretty boy (or girl) lip
syncing to a big hit he or she couldn't possibly follow through on in
front of an audience."  I'm with you on that one!

Harp Content - What I wouldn't give to see some aged legends like Little
Walter, Butterfield, etc even if they were 'murdering' their own songs
in some folks' opinions! Although this has been said about Junior Wells
and some of his last performances, and I've seen some of them on video.
I still would have liked to have been there!

Bill