[Harp-L] vol. control

I also use a vintage 545s, but i just screw it on the top of the mic stand; negates the weight.
  For the occasional gig where i go from Chicago stuff to country or old timey/ blugrass, i use a 545s modified by Greg Heumann. This mic has had the pistol grip removed and a volume control added and it is absolutely perfect for what i attempt to do. Notice i say "attempt". I believe this mic is pictured on Greg's web-site. Anyhoo it is easy to mount and sounds great.
                                                                                                        Mike