Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Steve Malerbi gig last night/Blake opening for Jason Ricci

Okay....just when is it you're opening for Jason Ricci & New Blood in
Cincinnatti, Blake?  :)  4 days from now...February the 21st at the  Silverton Cafe?

 "good food, and the beer is cold and cheap. The show starts at  7:30p.m.
with local duo, 46 Long, and Jason Ricci and New  Blood on at 8:30 or so.
$8 at  the door. Jason is  also scheduled for a 2:00 appearance on 89.7 WNKU
(on line  if you're out of range)."

(Just a little 'heads-up' for those on the list who may not know you're
playing that night.)

Something I think is amazingly cool...especially since YOUR song 'East  13' -
which you graciously allowed me to hijack and post on my own myspace page
was my 'opening song' for quite some time until I somehow lost  it recently. I
must reinstate it.  You should post a clip on  Harp-l.  I'm crazy about that
song (among others), love your two-piece  band's playing and singing..and sure
hope you guys make it to ...if not SPAH,  then at least Buckeye one of these
days (given that you're already in Ohio).  You're much too modest about just how
good you are...another trait you and  Jason have in common.

So yes...feel the 'love'.   It's out there. :)

I'm a big fan of Steve Malerbi's as well...his chrom/diatonic playing  is
terrific (he has a myspace page where one can hear his music), as well  as is
Michael Peloquin's chrom and sax playing, Slim Heilpern's  chrom and guitar
playing (and Penny Hanna, his singing partner) -  he's wonderful alone, they're
brilliant together; Robert Bonfiglio who  can play so much more than 'only'
classical music (most of his CD's bear that  out)...so this is a very cool thread
for me.

Wish I could have been at the show Slim talks about...

.. and be there to support you and Jason on the 21st. I do know it'll  be a
fun and fine evening.

And yes...it's infinitely more interesting to me to read positive  posts
about harp players and playing people DO like, than negative  ones about those
they don't. Great point.

Elizabeth

"Message: 12