[Harp-L] Steve Malerbi gig last night

Hi Folks -

Just had to mention this, it was so much fun...

List member Steve Malerbi, whom some of you know as a fine harmonica tech (that's how I got to know him) played a gig last night with his group Harmonica Jazz at a groovy little Italian restaurant called Cafe DiVino in Sausalito, CA. Steve sounded great as usual on chormatic, diatonic, and drums -- and there was a fine line up of guest harmonica players:

Robert Bonfiglio
Michael Peloquin
Tall Paul Sabel
Carlos Zialcita
and myself, Slide Man Slim

hope I didn't forget anyone...

Robert was in town giving one of his terrific chromatic seminars. He did killer versions of Theme from Black Orpheus and Amazing Grace on chromatic and also got funky for several numbers on diatonic. Michael sang and played some excellent blues and New Orleans funk, but really knocked me out with his version of What a Wonderful World on chromatic -- such tasty and beautiful playing. Everyone sounded great and the packed house loved every minute of it.

Sorry, but I was having too much fun to take pictures....

- Slim.

--
www.SlideManSlim.com