Re: [Harp-L] lower gain preamps and power tube breakup (was Johnson Laredo)

Mike is right, sort of.  But harp players use lower gain premp tubes to
lessen feedback, thereby allowing us to get closer to the power tube sweet
spot before feedback sets in.  In that way, lower gain preamp tubes do
indeed increase usable power tube distortion.

Its a harp thing...

-Spec20