RE: [Harp-L] Irish/Celtic trad

Steve Shaw <moorcot@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, as a non-great player of Irish on the harmonica, and very little else, there's no doubt that I fit into that category that Winslow described, those who play Irish who view with awe and a strong sense of inferiority the blues and rock men and women.

the combination of the two is pretty potent. a certain irishman on this list used to attend some of the same jams i did. when he got into irish music, his blues playing improved immensely. not that it was bad to start, but he was able to add the chops he'd acquired playing ITM to the feel and tone he already had playing blues, to very good result.

--
Optimism and pessimism don't exist for me.
I'm a blues man.  I am a prisoner of hope.