Re: [Harp-L] RE: Visual appeal and harmonica / singers

And you are not alone.

Just watch when Kim does his acoustic  walk around thing in a large room.
I saw him at BB Kings in NYC. It's a large and noisy room and it was
completey silent while he played. When he played amplified the guys loved
his playing and the girls loved to watch  him. And yes, when he's up
there, he is in business the whole  time.
That's also the case with Rick Estrin and equally adept, though different,
showman, and Dennis Gruenling, and Steve Guyger. And none of them move
around a lot onstage.
These guys own all do it differently, but  the one thing they have in
common, is when they are playing they own the eyes and ears of the room.

jj

Internet
IcemanLE@xxxxxxx

Sent by: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
02/14/2008 10:25 AM

harp-l
cc

Subject
Re: [Harp-L] RE: Visual appeal and harmonica / singers

Kim Wilson is one of my favorite live performers in this regard - he truly
radiates his happiness when he is playing/singing. When he is accompanying
other solos, singers, etc, he still keeps that happy groove going in the
form of
his "Little Kim Dance Groove". I prefer this to the showmen who walk the
table  tops w/wireless mic or do outrageous body movements on stage that
scream
"LOOK  AT ME".

Guess I prefer the low key approach.

The Iceman