Re: [Harp-L] RE: Rank Amateur Question - Do I have a couple of badharps?

> You answered your own questions in sentences 2 &3 with sentence #1
> :)    smo-joe

UNLESS, the harps in question are of a different key. I know he states that
"these notes" are not giving him a problem on his other harps, but maybe by
"these notes", he means "these holes", on harps of a different key.

If the harps that ARE working are in, say, the key of "D", or even "K",,(I
have special harps in that key,,personally tuned,,), then the respective
reeds in "those holes" may simply be easier to bend.

So,,the question is,,on the harps that he has no problem with,,are they ALSO
in the keys of "A" and "G"?

With the possibility of air leakage and/or insufficient mouth/throat
technique, the "A" and "G" harps are, indeed, more difficult to bend, in the
low holes.

Maybe these holes also should be eliminated from the harmonica. That would
make playing much simpler,,having a 2, 3, or a "no-hole" harmonica, right?

<G>

BL