Re: [Harp-L] Re: Toots Thielemans master class DVD

On Feb 12, 2008, at 6:52 PM, Robert Bonfiglio wrote:

Let me guess; there are NO harmonica players among the students that play on Toots' Master Class DVD. Right?

I noticed that too. :)

Am I the only one who finds that odd?

No, I find it odd too. :) One would think that someone of Toot's high ranking wouldn't be hesitant of having another (or other) harmonicist on the DVD. I would have been more than happy to have 'assisted (sic) him :)

Master class with other instruments, because the harmonica is not a jazz instrument, by the guy who defined the harmonica as a jazz instrument!

That may be the possible motive. To show how the harmonica fits with other instruments, and he wants to concentrate on THAT and not confuse the presentation by the addition of 'other' harmonicist with possible 'other' sound/style/nuances/tone/delivery. ? Just a thought.

smo-joe

To all the players in my Chromatic Seminar this weekend in Palo Alto - bring only your saxophone.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio