Re: Subject: [Harp-L] re:the Lowest G???

Here: http://jamq.org/jamqueue/harmonica/hbopenmic/listeningpost.php
you can hear me playing a Seydel lowlowF, simply click on BluesBeenBad by Ben Bouman

I used a backing track from this site, played through my laptop/pc mic(sony condenser) , cupping it .
I used Audacity , adjusted the level of th eharptrack a little and that's it...

The lowlowF I used is out of the box, when you listen careful you can once or twice hear a valve buuz/plop.
But that's because I've never cleaned/adjusted the harp.
I know Rupert plays them without valves (and customizes them ) and yes, he knows how to bend the lower notes!!!

It's not that diffcult but you have to overcome that funny feeling when you try to bend. It's like the "cough" spot that people often mention but worse.
Your body tellls you that it "could" hurt but after learning how to relax it gets easier and easier.
And of course it very helpful to learn to control the airflow when bending on different keyed harps.
It also helps to build the muscles that are involved when you do bending exercises.

on this page, when you click on sound, you can hear me do a solo acoustic tune on a lowlowF, out of the box.:
http://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Seydel/Products/10204/SubProducts/10204LLF_Chrom

here is a more jazzy tune on a low Bb:
http://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.sf/de_DE/?ObjectID=115959

www.beta-harps.com