From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of james.jospe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 10:40 AM
To: dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Bluegrass harmonica

Thanks for this, that's some fine harp playin'

Not to mention a fair amount on the uppper register.

jj

Internet
dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
02/10/2008 07:40 PM

harp-l
cc

Subject
[Harp-L] Bluegrass harmonica

Like I've said before I'm a bluegrasser, but seems like there's not a lot of
good bluegrass harp out there, so I thought I'd pass this on from
Brokenjoe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntaeh5Smpu4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOzWBVOwSJM&feature=related

Where I'd probably be doing more of a mandolin-like hard chord chop between
leads, this guy, Jerome Godboo has his own way of doing it. I look to the
mandolin for my inspiration, it's obvious to me this guy is looking more at
the Banjo. He's playing a very crisp, banjo kind of rhythm.
That's the way to fit in with bluegrass, look at one of the other
instruments for rhythm guidance. They're Canadian, but that grass will grow
in West Virginia.

Here's my bluegrass, by the way....
http://www.myspace.com/davidpaynesr

Dave

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please
delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord with its
purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is
prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that
certain functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP
Paribas RCC, Inc.