Re: [Harp-L] Did someone say harp tab?

Chris,

Based on the recommendations of the users of this list I went out and bought
both of Tom Balls books (Sonny Terry and The "Walter's"). I have just
started digging into them but it is clear that they are good books. One
thing though they are Lick books and not complete transcriptions.

Another resource that you might want to look at that is slowly coming
together are transcriptions of tunes on my clubs website (
http://www.mnharp.org ). There is not a lot there yet but that will be
changing as time goes on. The neat thing about them is that there will be a
Finale MUS file for them so you can print out the sheetmusic and download
the MUS file directly into Finale Notepad so you can see and hear the
sheetmusic playing back to you. Finale Notepad can be downloaded for free on
MakeMusic's website at ( http://www.finalemusic.com/notepad/ ).

Like I said there is not a lot there and no transcriptions of blues tunes
yet but that most likely will change.

Hope that helps a little,

-Todd

http://www.mnharmonica.org