Re: [Harp-L] when I become famous, I will remember those that helped me

groovy gypsy wrote:
> I've posted my music as requested by member of this forum
> and to a location as suggested by Emile. it's there and
> open for judgement to anyone who cares to listen.

My opinion: You'll never get "famous" playing music like that.
Don't get me wrong, it's good, but the best you can hope for from
this is an occasional play wedged between two other unknowns on XM
Radio's "Beyond Jazz" station (wow, I just heard "Sinister
Minister"!).

If you want to be famous in an instrumental genre, take a lesson
from Chris Botti.  Be young and attractive, play music that's easily
digestible by the masses, and make it a slick production with
perfect execution.  Get some famous guests to appear with you -- get
Sting if you can, or Diana Krall, or maybe Dave Matthews.

Oh, and play a legitimate instrument, like the trumpet, or you'll
always be marginalized as a novelty act, no matter how good you
are.

Was that helpful?

-tim