[Harp-L] Bharath

If you take the time to check out Bharath's CD, there
are many songs that he plays that don't sound a whole
lot like LW.  I disagree that his playing isn't
original.  He phrases like LW, but most of the licks
he plays I've never heard before.  I think there is
some jealousy out there, because most of the people
who pick up the harp do it because of LW (myself
include) and a many of those want to sound just like
him, but never will.  There is a lot of talk about all
the Little Walter clones, but no one, except maybe
Dennis Gruenling, can get the Little Walter sound like
this guy.  I think Bharath puts his own spin on LW.
There are a few songs he plays note for note, but most
are him playing in LW's language.

--Met a guy one time, knew ALL the Piazza stuff.
Sounded like him,
everything. But you ask him to play what's in his
soul, he'd give you
a blank look... "Huh?"--

I don't know Bharath, but I'd guess that if you asked
him to play what's in his soul, he'd proceed to blow
the doors off the joint.

All that being said, I don't think Bharath is a god or
the second coming of LW.  I just thought I'd mention
that I think he's a great player and not just a
copycat or another LW clone.  Besides everybody knows
that since Paul Delay passed, Dennis Gruenling is the
reigning god of the harmonica!!!!  All Hail DG!!!!

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs