Subject: [Harp-L] I want to be famous

Ahhh....George you nailed it.  Very well done.

I was actually considering writing to poor 'Mike' offlist with a fairly
lengthy explanation of just how unfair it might be to ask other not yet 'famous'
harp players to help him, along with a way he might study more 'jazz' a la
David Sanborn's saxophone playing, lol....but something didn't sit right, so  I
held back on mailing my treatise.   I hadn't nailed down  what was bothering
me about this oh-so-earnest request.

You've solved the puzzle.  Of course the dead giveaway now is his  new
response of his job description as 'pseudo-process consultant'  <G>

Nice.

Elizabeth
P.S.  I do remember whose playing you praised as 'special' at  Denver.  Now
if it jibes with someone you also shared a scotch with, I'll  know just who it
is. ;)

"Message: 7
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 23:37:37 -0700
From: "Mike kennard"  <groovygypsy@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] re: I want to be  famous
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

hello George,

I find your words  extremely distasteful especially considering you yourself
said there was  something special about my music at a SPAH in Denver, Co. I
would like you to  issue a sincere apology if you ever expect me to share my
scotch whiskey with  you again.

becoming famous is a sincere endeavour for me. I just want to  know where to
begin without paying dues as they say. with my day job as a  pseudo-process
consultant we find ways to fast track everything. I know I  have the skills
and with the support of my girl I believe in this dream. can  anyone tell me
how to get my music played all over the world on radio  stations? what else
may I need to start this transition? there must be a  process for this
somewhere. thank you. gg"

"Guys, I think this post is  a spoof.  The American Heritage Dictionary
defines "canard" as ""an  unfounded or false, deliberately misleading
story."  The poster is Mike  kennard (i.e. My canard).  Mike, my sincere
apologies if you are real,  but I doubt it.

George"

48)