RE: [Harp-L] I want to be famous

Michael Rubin wrote:> I also feel ego gratification when someone recognizes me for my work. Does this make me less pure than the musician who does not care about fame? I do not think so.
--Nor do I. Human motives are rarely "pure," whatever that means anyway. Ego is part of the equation, I agree...true, we need to let go of that ego when the time comes, but when it drives us to practice another 1/2 hour when we feel like stopping...well, good! All things in balance, and the very human desire for recognition and affirmation is healthy, as long as it doesn't devolve into hubris.
WVa Bob
P.S. Of course, since I'm the Greatest, wealthiest, MOST FAMOUS harmonica player who has ever lived, then ego is not a problem for me.