[Harp-L] Fame fame fame + riches

To the fella who wants fame & money:

 A 40 year veteran national blues recording singer & harmonica player told me this:

Artist: A likeable personality with a recognizable voice.
Group: Top shelf musicians backing an artist.
Band:  Guys in a basement playing at bars mostly for fun.

Read the first one again:
Artist: A likeable personality with a recognizable voice.

You must SING-SING-SING and then play the harmonica very well.

Most FT players I know make a decent living, but no one is rich or famous.
I know a trumpet player who teaches & does military funerals
and makes 80k a year. I know horn men who do weddings,corporate& bar mitzvahs
for 250-300 a player, but to play in a 'band' in your local watering hole is
about 15-20k a year, then split that!  You're gonna have to teach to bump that up
to a blue collar living, but hey...even that's better when you follow your passion.

One things certain, don't die with your music still in you.
Make an effort,  Give it 5 years & see what shakes out.

GOOD LUCK.

-Whistling Britches