[Harp-L] Re:Tube driver question

Hey yalls, I have a question for some of you  all that are more tech savy
than I am. Some of yall might remember that I have  this Chandler Real Tube
Overdrive unit. I'm thinking of using it on a recording  if it's not too dirty. My
question is, if I go direct with mic  (cheap Realistic, but it works pretty
good) into the Chandler, then  into my Zoom MRS 1044, will the signal be too hot
and possibly harm the  recording device? I have yet to use the Chandler for
anything and I'm very  curious as to what it will do. I guess I could just take
a chance and start from  zero and work up with drive and volume, but I
respect what a lot of yall have to  say about things like this. One weird thing
about the Chandler is the plug that  goes into the wall is a regular 2 prong, not
a 3 prong grounded plug. I'm of the  understanding that Chandler stuff is
pretty good. It's made in the USA (not that  means anything really) and the guy I
got it from said it was the jam. Should I  get a 3 prong adapter, would that
make any difference, or would I have to figure  a way to ground it internally?
The Zoom has pretty good effects, I just want to  use the Chandler for s*^ts
and giggles.

   Any info is muchly appreciated. Before I record the harp track  I'm gonna
follow the very good advice I have gotten here and will take my D harp  apart
and emboss, gap, and then put it back together following a sequence to  torque
the screws that I have thought of. Kind of like how you torque the bolts  on
the heads of a hot rod motor.

    The song is about Manhattan using drop D tuning and  playing in the key
of A. Funky bluesy kind of thing with a harp lead in it, (of  course) if
anybody really cares what it's about.

         Thanx
    Randy
  Biscuitboy Blues