Re: [Harp-L] harp-l virtual compilation

David Brown <nonidesign@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Touchy subject, that last effort at a Harp-L compilation. Bad taste in my
mouth on that one. "Scorcher" ripped me off for $6.00 and never delivered.
To make it worse he kept giving these hopefull updates and excuses...for *
years*.

my biggest problem with that whole episode is that he refused to hand it off to someone else to complete, even when others were willing. oh well.

as far as doing it online, there's nothing to it, from a technical point
of view.  the hard part is just the effort of soliciting tracks, making sure
everyone's ok with their stuff being online, dealing with any intellectual
property issues, etc.  to some degree, the need for this has been reduced
by people putting their own stuff up on myspace or youtube, where each artist
is responsible for their own stuff.

-- Optimism and pessimism don't exist for me. I'm a blues man. I am a prisoner of hope. I'm going to die full of hope. - Cornel West