[Harp-L] Wireless Rig

Hi,

I have an old harp preamp I hang from my belt sometimes, so when I
went wireless I didn't want two boxes hanging from my belt (plus the
cord between them)...too much. So I opted for the Samson Airline
Guitar system, which just happened to be on eBay at the time for I
rpice I couldn't resist. The one I have has the right-angle plug unit
that plugs directly intop the back of my mics and hangs down at a
right angle - very out of the way yet secure. On the preamp belt pack
it plugs into the preamp on the side and is also well out of the way
- not any different really than having just ONE belt pack and adding
a transmitter to it.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SAMSWQSGG

It is UHF, and is set up like a pedal so you can add it to a pedal
board if you prefer. It works great in the small to medium size clubs
I tend to play in. , It sells for $299, and I wouldn't recommend
anything cheaper than that (that is mid-range I think for a wireless)
but is not the most expensive either.

However, recently a great harp player I know seemed to think it was
sucking my tone or something when he tried sitting in with it one
time, using his own mic. I haven't tested this out myself yet, though
I intend to. However, for me the advantages of going wireless are
worth even a little loss in tone. I understand the more expensive
units may not have that kind of problem...perhaps someone with more
expertise can add something about that...anyone know what a wireless
does to a harmonica player's tone?

- Robert

Be a better friend, newshound, and