[Harp-L] Musical Big River-harmonica part

I've just been asked to play as they call it "signifigent" harmonica part with the local high school orchestra.
 I know some of you fellow harplers have done other productions of this musical. I was wondering if you could share  ( either on or off list ) what to expect ie, did you have to sight read, play specific prerecorded parts, just improvise ( well of course! )?
  Did you use any special tunings, harmonicas?
Thanks for any and all help. Truthfully, I'm excited. I'm a big fan of dynamics, so playing with an orchestra is the cat's meow for me!

   Brian