Re: [Harp-L] Me, not the harp, on the upper end

I'm like so many harp players. Play it safe. However, working a little with third position got me to 8 draw and I found a second position run down the harp that starts at 9 blow, so I guess I'm venturing in there a little bit. I have never particularly liked the sound of the upper end of the harp and I have heard some people who knew their way around those holes, but still didn't sound great. That said, I really like some of Jimmy Reed's work ( or is that Jimmy's reed work?) up there. And I have heard Chris Michalek make some really pretty sounds at that end of the harp. I'm still deficient enough on the low end, so the top end will have to wait.
Steve Webb in cold Minnesota