[Harp-L] Hoodoo stuff

	It seems to me that we have all heard OF the new Hohner stuff, but
no one yet has shelled out the donuts to try it.
	Musician's Friend had a full page article (ad?) in their recent
catalog, and, I must admit, they made the mic and amp sound very intriguing.
The review focused more on the mic;  it's small, so that you don't have the
"seal" to worry about, and the player can apparently use it to vary the
sound acoustically using the hands.  I have 'way too many mics as it is, and
I can't say I'm going to buy one unless I hear some ringing first-hand,
non-interested endorsements.  I already have a Madcat Shaker, and can
"shape" the sound acoustically with that.  I know the criticisms of that
harp, and they're well-founded, but easy enough to work around with a mic
preamp and e.q..  I have a few other mics, including my favorite from Dennis
Mr. Microphone that I got from him a few years ago at either a Buckeye or
SPAH convention.  Great tone, looks great, feels great, the pot works great.
So, again, without some real endorsements, I'm not gonna spend my birthday
money on another mic.
	Now, an amp:  that's a different question.  I have yet to find an
amp I really like (I know someone will ask how I can love my mics without
loving the tone from my amps - well, I can:  recorded, and running through a
house system are the two examples that come quickly to mind).  I don't want
to spend a thousand bucks on a harp amp;  I'm primarily a
keyboardist/guitarist, and play harp when I can and when the song calls for
it (and sometimes when it doesn't), and I just don't want a third large,
expensive amp.  Yes, a few hundred bucks for an amp is more than pocket
change, but if it sounds great, I'm up for it.  So, I'll be watching for the
posts on these new products.
	I guess we're all waiting to hear from someone who has money burning
a hole in his/her pocket.