[Harp-L] The Top Three Holes

Hi Bob,
Two years ago in the harmonica workshop at Willie Clancy, Rick Epping
mentioned that some players have problems in getting the top notes to
function, because they are choking off their airways and consequently not
creating an appropriate acoustic chamber. He pointed out that trying to play
a mouth organ "just with your mouth" is like wiring fiddle strings to a 2X4
and expecting to get a violin sound. He suggested that you try to get your
airways the way they are when you are yawning. You also (as someone else has
said) should breathe rather than blowing the heck out of them. Having a
personal talent for making the most expensive mouth organ sound like a dime
store item I am no expert, but I have found that Rick's advice seems to
work.
Beannachtaí
Aongus Mac Cana