Re: [Harp-L] paddy & the dentist

Mox GOWLAND wrote:
> A while back, on this list, there was talk about using 'Shofu'
> dental tools for retuning & polishing reeds.  Today, whilst in
> the dentist chair, I mentioned 'Shofu' and with the magic word I
> saw his eyes light up as he asked me which colour I needed, red,
> green etc..
> I stopped him there as I was completely lost!
> He as given me three old ones to try & promised to try to aquire
> one for gold as he has never hear of one for brass.  If there are
> any dentists still on the list could they let me know some codes
> for different graines so that I can Paddy away to my hearts
> content.

The person who turned the list on to Shofus on a rotary tool for
retuning reeds was Mike "Fathead" Easton,
http://www.harmonicarepair.com/

Mike is not a dentist, but works professionally on dental appliances
with rotary tools, and should be considered an expert.  I got my
Shofu polishers from him, he was buying from the distributor.

That said, I think this might be overkill for Paddy tuning, since
it's simply one reed tuned up a wholetone.  I do this with an
abrasive strip.

-tim