[Harp-L] Hohner blues harp

A bit late, I know, but I had to chime in on this subject.
  For years I refused to play these harps because they were stiff and leaky and generally hard to play. However, about a year ago, in an emergency (gig that night, good harp gone south) I bought one, and was REALLY surprised how good it was. I wont say it compares with a Seydel 1847 or a top-of-the-line custom, but if you like a wood-combed harp, for a tough bluesy sound, these are as good as any out-of the-box harp you'll find. I enjoy playing them now.
  Maybe my technique has improved over the years, too, but I have the distinct impression that Hohner has improved the quality of the Blues harps - they are much more airtight, and the reeds are much more responsive then in the past.
  That's just my personal experience, FWIW
  Regards
  Hammer
  www.myspace.com/cgthehammer

Dov Hammer