Re: [Harp-L] hohner blues harp

The Hohner blues Harp has been my least favorite, for years. I never had any luck with them. they rarely lasted more than a month.

Bullfrog

Shawn Williams wrote:
i have a blues harp in D and always thought it was decent. more recently i have gotten to try more brands of harps including Seydel and Susuki. i recently replaced reedplates in the blues harp for about the 3rd or 4th time (that's how long i've had it) and, to be honest, it's gotten to where i can't stand the thing. it's leaky and stiff. all my hohners have been gradually replaced, actually. it is very much personal preference, mind you. But, the blues harp has 2 reed plate screws, my susuki's and Seydel's have 5 or 6 (depending on model). i have tried most brands out there now and my main harps are an eclectic mix, but all the Hohners are in backup only status now. there's my personal take on the Blues Harp by Hohner. YYMV. :-)
writes: >After 38 years of playing a marine band i had to get a blues harp the other >night cause they didnt have a marine band in the key of A. and i love it.its >nice on the 9 and 19 blow. the reason i never played one is because everybody >from walter to sonny to butter to dick and many more play a marine band. >what is the differnce ??Shawnhttp://www.myspace.com/bosqueblues
Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx