[Harp-L] Harp and Sax

I do not have examples to point you to but would like to comment on the
combination:  My jazz music partner is a reed player.  We play together
using chromatic with tenor, alto, clarinet and flute.  I also play chromatic
with Saxes in funk bands.  Counterpoint and harmony, in my opinion,  work
best with the tenor but can be worked out very nicely if you have a skilled
player on the other reeds.

The biggest problem I encountered was intonation.  I eventually settled on a
16 hole chromatic retuned to A-441.  This allowed the reed guy and I to tune
to, and stay in-tune with each other, especially on unison parts.

We have worked this out for about 10 years and developed a good feel for
what to do to accomplish a good sound.  Yes, some parts are written while
others are free flowing.

Stryker