From: David Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 1, 2008 12:12:33 PM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Chromonica270 Repair Advice Requested

Rupert's DVD version has chromatic repair, that's gonna help, cause I suspect there are windsaver issues. Ruperts video is awesome. Awesome. Worth the price.
If this has been recent, take a key or something, whatever, and stick it in the slide to hold it open, so there's air circulating on both the natural and slide  in sides. Make sure it gets plenty of air. Don't put any heat to it, don't put it over a furnace vent, you don't want the wood to dry out too fast. Just make sure it gets air.
The slide probably has some dirt, etc. in it. You can do this, this is on Rupert's video, I think, hold it upside down, with the button pointing up at maybe a 45 degree angle to the ground. Take an eyedropper and one drop at a time, put a drop on the slide and work the slide back and forth. The water and dirt will hopefully come out the other end. Just make sure the harp is upside down, you don't want any more water getting inside the harmonica than already has.

Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com