[Harp-L] bluegrass harmonica player -- Tony Eyers

I discovered this super concise and melodic bluegrass harmonica player with a touch of the irish!!

His playing is exceptionally concise and musical.

I recommend his music highly.

Randy,

http://cdbaby.com/cd/tony

http://www.harmonicatunes.com

Randy, Many thanks for your interest.

My music is best described as traditional bluegrass and Irish fiddle tunes, from a baroque perspective. New Irish perhaps describes it as well, except that Brendan Power has already used this title for his landmark 1990's CD "New Irish Harmonica"

Actually I am mostly a bluegrass player. I also play baroque recorder in a professional ensemble, details are at http:///www.balmainbaroque.com The baroque angle explains the harmonies, and I guess also the precision in my style. Baroque music has little room for error.

Hope this helps. Thanks again for your interest, it means a lot to me.

Cheers for the New Year,

Tony

You would know how much it means to be praised by a famous player. I am so grateful for your comments, and so glad that you have been touched by my music.

My music and story are at my Harmonicatunes site http://www.harmonicatunes.com Like all of us I would be most grateful for any mention on harp- l. I read it most days, and always read your posts.

I also hand out a free download of my Black Mountain Harmonica CD to anyone who buy a subscription to my Harmonica Academy website.

I am on holiday in Melbourne right now, with limited Internet access, and so cannot download your album. I have however listened to your live tracks, and love the freedom which you have with the chromatic over difficult changes. Like all great jazz players, these tunes are just frameworks for expressing your musical thoughts and emotions. I wish I could play like you do.