Re: Fw: [Harp-L] diatonic Autumn Leaves

I always thought the original key for Autumn Leaves was Am not Em but I
usually end up playing it in Gm on a Bb, I would imagine that's because a
lot of beginner brass players will learn this song and I guess that's
probably an easier key for them. I use a Db (4ob) as a passing note in their
somewhere too.

Now that I'm grappling with the weird buttony beast thing, my plan is to
learn this tune in all 12 keys, as I thought that would be a fun way of
getting familiar with the minor and relative majors in each key.  Fly Me To
The Moon is another one like that and also works nicely on diatonic, the
Real Book key for that is C but i also seem to play it in Bb, I would
imagine for the same reason, 11th position is good for that one too if you
are feeling adventurous, start off on a 6ob.

Cheers

Bill

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 4:30 AM, Michael Polesky, MPA <m.polesky@xxxxxxxxxxx