[Harp-L] Re: Soaking plastic combs / Embossing-Burnishing

Thanks Richard. As I said in my post of Nov. 13th, I term I first used when
describing embossing was "burnishing."  As you were one of the first to
employ the technique it stands to reason you would associate with it the
term burnishing.  I recall there was a debate on harp-l back in the 90s
about which term best described the technique.

I agree with you regarding soaking; water left in the soaked harp after
tapping it out helps to seal air leaks, whether between the plates and comb,
the covers and plates, or between the reeds and slots.  I do very little
cleaning of my harps for the same reason; sediment that builds up in the
harp also helps to seal any air leaks.

Best regards,
Rick