Re: [Harp-L] Richard Sleigh harmonicas, tools and harmonica technology instru...

Hey Randy,
Though it seems counter intuitive that fiddle tunes would fatigue reeds
faster than styles where we bend allot like blues, it actually makes sense.
In styles that are ensemble based where you typically do not solo - old
time, celtic, cajun , as opposed to styles that are soloist oriented like
jazz, bluegrass, blues and rock - the harp carries the melody, and you are
playing all the time. I often play square dances where a typical dance tune
runs 8-12 minutes - that's 8-12 minutes of non stop high velocity music
making. Hard work for a harp!!!

Thanks,
Trip

--