[Harp-L] Soaking Harmonicas - a challenge

Richard,
For many years I routinely rinsed Lee Oskars that seemed to have lost a
little life just before a gig, and invariably I felt that they sounded a bit
brighter and more responsive at least for awhile: I always guessed that the
process de-crudded the reeds a bit.  Still in possession of several of my
earliest LOs, I was never convinced that soaking these in any way harmed
them or shortened their life expectancy.  Interestingly, my own observation
on same treatment of Special 20s never seemed to yield as dramatic results,
though can offer no explanation   We await the results of your personal
research on the matter, sensei master!
Zig