[Harp-L] Seydel models? Which one to get?

Dave wrote: ..........
Solist Pro Family, I call it the Solist Pro family because the Pro was the first
of this line and the Solist Pro was built to attach to this new comb they
designed, it was one of the first things Seydel did after the 2004 rebirth. The
reedplates, coverplates and combs are interchangeable.?This family includes the
1847, 1847 SIlver, Solist Pro and the Favorite, along with?the Favorite?Black,
which, from my experience, is in this family, but the child of the
milkman.....snip........The differences between 1847 wood and Solist Pro combs are cosmetic only, and only on the outside.

? Dave, thanks for elaborating.?? I'll save your mail for future reference.
? Why?do u say the Favorite Black is the child of the milkman?
? I have?a few? Seydels which i got from Rupert several years ago --? a few 1847's,?Favorites?that have a black aluminum comb?and one other Seydel, which i think is a Blues Soloist?(but I'm not sure since I?don't have it in front of me).? Since i bought them a few years ago, perhaps Seydel has?made changes to the line, but that Soloist?harp has wood combs that are rounded but the ends of the tines do NOT protrude like the 1847.? Also, it doesn't have the high gloss finish on the wood like the 1847's.??
? Since i replace reeds when needed, I try to stick with harps that have interchangeable reeds.? Dave, are Seydel reeds interchangeable with handmade/classic Hohner's reeds?? (I understand that the 1847's are all long slot.)
ron