[Harp-L] Seydel models? Which one to get?

Kel620@xxxxxxx wrote:
Is the Blues Soloist any good? Also, do you prefer the wood combed 1847 or
the plastic combed model. I like the Seydel models that have the same basic
design/look as the Hohner 1896/20, but there are so many of them! Which do you
all prefer?

  I own 3 different models of Seydels and didn't even know that the 1847 comes with a plastic comb
option.  Mine is maple and i think they also come in aluminum, but don't know for sure.  I very much
like how the ends of the tines are rounded off.  The finish is done very nicely too. In my
experience, Seydel is making some of the best out-of-the-box harps i have played.  And they are
assembled with screws, not nails like the venerable Hohner Marine Bands which were the standard for
so many years (but not any more, imo).
  I suggest u direct your inquiry to Dave Payne or Rupert Oysler, both Seydel reps.  Rupert is the
creator of the great harp repair & maintenance CD ROM / DVD which both he and Dave Payne sell.
?Dave is a frequent and valued poster to Harp-L.  I hope Dave replies on list, because if the 1847's
combs are made of plastic or aluminum combs and have the same rounded shape, I'd like to know, out of
curiosity.
ron